The Dr. Jean R. Tague Professional Development Stipend
To honor Dr. Jean Tague for her many contributions in the establishment of certification in Texas for therapeutic recreation and activity professionals, the Consortium for Therapeutic Recreation/Activities Certification Board announces the creation of the Dr. Jean R. Tague Professional Development Stipend.
The stipend is awarded to TRS/TXC’s, TRA/TXC’s, and/or AD/TXC’s to be used toward conference and workshop fees or expenses or college courses related to the CEU’s needed to maintain certification.
- Current CTRAC certification
- Current professional employment/involvement
- Written statement of why the stipends is being requested
- (if awarded) proof of attendance and an article for the CTRAC Newsletter stating the benefits received from attendance to the conference/workshop/college course.
Opportunities for the Stipend request may include:
- January: Texas Health Care Association Annual Activity Professional Conference
- February/March: Texas Recreation & Parks Society Annual Conference
- March/April: Texas Volunteer Conference or TR Symposium of the Southwest
- May: Texas Association of Homes and Services for the Aged’s Annual Conference
- August: Therapeutic Recreation Summit
- October: Governor’s Volunteer Conference; NRPA Annual Conference
- Local/Regional CEU Workshop’s
Application forms should be downloaded and mailed to the Consortium Office.Consortium for Therapeutic Recreation/Activities Certification, Inc P.O. Box 682846 Houston, Texas 77268 Phone: 512.484.7559
Fax: 281-925-0642 www.ctractexas.org
Deadline for applications is six months in advance of the requested need.