Policy: It is the policy of the Consortium for Therapeutic Recreation/Activities Certification to grant deserving applicants a Professional Leave of Absence (PLOA) for up to three re-certification terms on a case by case basis.
Applicants seeking the PLOA are to make application by completing the appropriate form and submitting this form along with the $50.00 renewal fee to the Consortium office at least thirty days prior to the expiration of their current certification.
- Once an application has been received, the Manager of Operation will notify the Consortium Chairperson.
- The Chair will appoint a committee of three people to review the application for the PLOA. The Manager of Operation will fax a copy of the application to each of the appointed review persons.
- The committee will then forward their findings to the Chair and the Manager of Operation.
- The Manager of Operation will send written notification, to the applicant, of the PLOA Review Committee findings.
- Application for reinstatement will go to the CRP.
- Denials will have the same appeal process through the CRP.
Renewal Fees: $50.00