EXAMINATION FOR ACTIVITY DIRECTOR CERTIFICATION (AD/TXC)
Goal of Certification:
The basic purpose of the Consortium’s certification program is to assure the general public and employing agency of the competence of therapeutic recreation and activity personnel by certifying that they meet basic and prescribed standards. This certification attests that an individual is qualified by training and experience to conduct and administer therapeutic recreation and/or activity services at a Activity Director level.
Requirements for Certification:
ACTIVITY DIRECTOR / TEXAS CERTIFIED (AD/TXC)
- A Completion of a High School Diploma or GED, AND
- Successful completion of the following courses and accompany practitioner hours: (As approved by state requirement)
- CTRAC Education Course for Activity Professionals Part I or MEPAP Part I
- CTRAC Education Course for Activity Professionals Part II or MEPAP Part II
Application Fee: $75.00
Examination Fee: $50.00
- The Application fee (only) must accompany the application. This fee is Non-refundable.
- DO NOT submit the examination fee at this time-examinee’s application must be reviewed and approved-documentation will be mailed out to applicants when the sitting fee is required.
- The Examination fee is due and payable if the applicant is eligible for examination. Notice, including a deadline for payment, will be sent. This fee is not refundable but may be applied to the next examination cycle if the applicant is unable to take the examination and notified the CTRAC office not less than (10) working days prior to the examination date.
- Complete the application. Type or print information clearly.
- Include Transcripts to verify all college and/or university coursework/units and verification of CEU’s as appropriate
- Mail completed application to:
Consortium for Therapeutic Recreation/Activities Certification P.O. Box 5767 Jonestown, Texas 78645
The re-certification process will occur every two (2) years. Two (2) continuing education units (CEU’s), or a total of 20 contact hours, and a total of one hundred (100) verified hours of volunteer or paid experience in Therapeutic Recreation/Activities settings are required.
Note: One (1) CEU = Ten (10) clock hours. Activity Director Networking Meeting(s) are not acceptable unless official CEU’s are awarded by an authorized CEU agency, University, or college.