Why Become CTRAC Certified
- Federal Law, OBRA, states that an activity department must be directed by a “qualified professional.” One of the ways to become qualified is to become a Certified Activity Professional.
- CTRAC certification is recognized in the Texas Administrative Codes as an organization that certifies recreation/activity professionals who work with clients of all ages.
- CTRAC certification assures the consumer…employing agencies….administrators…surveyors….etc that you have met certain professional standards to become certified.
- Many agencies…administrators…etc. will only hire recreation/activity professionals who are certified.
- Some agencies…administrators..etc offer a higher salary to a certified professional.
- Become CTRAC certified so others will know that you are state qualified and offering quality recreation/activity service to your residents/patients/clients.